Advertisement

Duluth Apartment Damaged After Cooking Fire

An apartment in East Duluth suffered thousands of dollars in damage after an accidental cooking fire. An apartment in East Duluth suffered thousands of dollars in damage after an accidental cooking fire. |  Photo: WDIO-TV file photo

Updated: March 09, 2018 05:53 AM

An apartment in the Tri-Towers Apartment Complex suffered thousands of dollars in damage after an accidental cooking fire.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The Duluth Fire Department says they responded to the high rise apartment building on 222 N. 2nd Ave. East around 7:20 p.m. Thursday.

When crews arrived, they noticed smoke on the sixth floor with a sprinkler system activated in one of the apartments on that floor. The department says the system extinguished the fire. Authorities vented out the smoke and vacuumed up water.

One resident of the apartment was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

Damages are estimated at $20,000.

Copyright 2018 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Shutdown Impact: From Food Stamps to Food Shelves

Duluth Ruby's Pantry Offers Half Off for Federal Workers

Food for Thought Connects Community while Supporting Education

United Way 211 Program Helping Those Affected by Shutdown

Authorities ID Remains Found on Lake Superior Island

Campaigning for Stauber Starts Early in the Northland

Advertisement