Advertisement

Two More Virginia Residents Treated for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Two more residents in Virginia were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday night in Virginia. Two more residents in Virginia were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday night in Virginia. |  Photo: WDIO

WDIO
December 11, 2017 08:50 PM

VIRGINIA - Two more Virginia residents were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday night, according to the Virginia Fire Department. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Authorities say it happened around 7:10 at a duplex in the 100 block of 5th Street South.

After a thorough investigation it was determined the cause was a faulty furnace and poor venting, according to fire officials. 

The Virginia Fire Department is reminding residents to have their heating systems in proper working order. They want to remind people that it is important to have carbon monoxide detectors, and having them in rental properties is state law. 

Seven people including five first responders were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning back on Sunday, December 3. 


Credits

WDIO

Copyright 2017 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Football Sundays Keeps Local Duluth Bars Busier than Usual

Sunday Marks 40th Anniversary of Duluth Harbor Fire

Virginia Woman Shares Experience Cheering on Vikings in Philadelphia

Foles, Eagles Rout Vikings 38-7, Advance to Super Bowl February 4th in Minneapolis

Rice Lake Woman Injured After Crash in Barron County

Crews Respond to Structure Fire in West Duluth

Advertisement