Advertisement

Son of US Man Wanted in Nazi Case Wants Evidence Released

March 18, 2017 07:22 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The son of a Minnesota man sought by Polish authorities in a Nazi massacre is asking that evidence against his father be released.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

A court in Poland recently issued an arrest warrant for Michael Karkoc, opening the way for his possible extradition on war crimes charges.

Karkoc's son, Andriy Karkoc, said Saturday that his 98-year-old father is innocent. He's asking Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken to intervene. A spokesman for Klobuchar says the senator believes the matter should be addressed in the criminal justice system.

The Associated Press previously identified Karkoc as an ex-commander in an SS-led unit that burned Polish villages and killed civilians in World War II. Andriy Karkoc says the AP's stories are "cruel fiction."

AP spokeswoman Lauren Easton says the AP stands by its stories.


WDIO

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement


Advertisement

State Patrol: Alcohol Involved in Mitchell Bridge Crash

New 3D Mammography Machines: A New Addition to St. Luke's Breast Center

148th Leaders Teach about Personalities and Perspectives

Pride Parade Asks Police to Minimize Their Involvement

VIDEO: Daughter Begs Diamond Reynolds to Stop Screaming After Castile Shooting

Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel Visits Superior; Talks Drug Epidemic

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement