Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
Architect Pays Tribute to Local Frank Lloyd Wright-Designed Building
To celebrate its 65th birthday, the Carlton County Historical Society invited a Minnesota architect to talk about the unique design of a Cloquet Avenue staple.
Labor Day Fun in Carlton County Celebrates Country's WorkForce
As Carlton County put on its 95th annual Labor Day Celebration Monday, hundreds not only came out for the fun, but also to honor our country's workforce.
Last-minute Shopping Packs Mall Before School Starts
Labor Day marks the end of summer for students across the Northland, and that means last-minute shopping for many families. The mall was packed on Labor Day hours before the new school year.
Minnesota Holding onto $606M in Unclaimed Assets
The state of Minnesota is making little effort to return unclaimed money to more than 50,000 residents, including a U.S. senator, rock star and state commissioner.
Father Charged After Daughter Eats Marijuana-Laced Bar
A Chippewa Falls man faces three criminal charges, after his daughter reportedly got sick from eating a marijuana-laced chocolate bar.