Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
3 Residents Escape Hibbing Apartment Fire
Around 70 emergency responders spent much of their Thanksgiving Day fighting a two-alarm fire at a Hibbing apartment building. Two adults and one child were inside but escaped. They were taken to a hospital for evaluation.
One Man Dead After House Fire in Town of Superior
One man is dead after a house fire broke out in the Town of Superior on Thursday morning. It happened around 1:30 a.m. on the 6300 block of South Darrow Road. Crews arrived on the scene to find the lower floor of the two-story house fully engulfed.
1 Killed, 3 Injured in Alborn Township Rollover
A rollover in Alborn Township turned fatal early Thursday morning. A 48-year-old Shoreview woman was killed in the crash.
Proposed Federal Smog Rules Could Affect Minnesota
Tighter federal air pollution rules aimed at reducing smog and the health risks from it could affect Minnesota.
Minnesota Human Services Agency Tightens its Belt
The Minnesota Department of Human Services has been forced to tighten its belt after incurring big unexpected legal costs.