Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
Study Shows Twin Metals Mine Economically Feasible
Duluth Metals released a feasibility study on Wednesday showing the Twin Metals copper-nickel mine in northeastern Minnesota would be economically competitive.
Duluth Police: 1 At-Large, 1 Injured in Central Hillside Shooting
A suspect is at large after a 21-year old male was shot in Duluth's Central Hillside neighborhood Tuesday night. We'll bring you more details as they become available.
Fire that Damaged Historic Duluth House Determined to be Arson, Police Search for Suspect
A hefty structure fire brought a slew of crews out early Monday morning in Duluth. It happened just before 1 a.m on 1511 E. Superior St. While there were no injuries and no one was inside the building at the time of the fire, substantial damage is estimated at over $150,000. On Tuesday, the fire was ruled to be caused by arson.
Federal Officials Say Native American School in Minnesota Needs Help
Federal officials got a firsthand look at one deteriorating Native American school in Minnesota Tuesday--they said it's one of many suffering similarly throughout the country.
Shark Tank Star Inspires Entrepreneurs in Northland
Have you ever wanted business advice from a millionaire entrepreneur? Folks in the Northland had the opportunity Tuesday at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College. Daymond John not only created his own brand, but is also a star on ABC's hit show Shark Tank.