Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
Bentleyville Opening Weekend Draws Large Crowd
One of the Christmas City of the North's favorite holiday traditions, the Bentleyville Tour of Lights, officially kicked off Saturday night with more than 15,000 visitors. The man behind Bentleyville, and its unofficial "mayor" Nathan Bentley says bringing the holiday light display to Bayfront Festival Park every year is about community...
Weekend Anchor Laurie Stribling Says Goodbye
Weekend Anchor Laurie Stribling had her last show Sunday night. Before she left, we took a look at some of the highlights during her time in the Northland.
Junior League Gives Back Through Festival of Trees
The Junior League of Duluth helped give back to the community while also lending a hand to local small businesses this weekend.
Alleged Wisc. Bank Robber in St. Louis County Jail
A man was arrested in Duluth Saturday night after he allegedly robbed a bank in Eau Claire, Wisc. the night before. The Eau Claire Police Department responded to a bank robbery at Wells Fargo Bank in Eau Claire on Friday night.
Licenses, Deer Population Down for Wisconsin Deer Opener
The Wisconsin firearm deer hunting tradition got off to a safe start as Department of Natural Resources officials said they had received no reports of accidental shootings or other injuries by mid-afternoon Sunday on the opener of the state's nine-day gun deer hunt.