Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
Chisholm-Based 114th Officially Welcomed Home
After returning from a 9-month deployment in Afghanistan, the Chisholm-based 114th Transportation Company got a proper homecoming from the community Saturday.
Burger King Construction Site Falls Victim to High Winds
The new Burger King site off Highway 53 in Duluth was a victim of high wind speeds Saturday. Crews said they were working on it around 10 a.m. when it collapsed. Wind speeds were gusting up to 40 miles per hour.
Scout for Food Event Makes Donating Easy
Local boy scouts helped grocery shoppers during the Scout for Food event Saturday. The goal of the event is to make it easy for people to donate to the annual Share Food Drive.
Chicken Kiev Linked to Minnesota Outbreak Recalled
Federal authorities say a Chicago company has recalled nearly 29,000 pounds of chicken Kiev products linked to a salmonella outbreak in Minnesota. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the raw, frozen chicken entrees from the Aspen Foods division of Koch Meats were sold as Antioch Farms brand A La Kiev raw stuffed chicken breast.
Wisconsin Sex Offenders Must Stay Home on Halloween
Police are teaming up with parole agents across Wisconsin to make sure sex offenders stay home on Halloween night.