Updated: 02/10/2014 8:45 PM
Created: 02/10/2014 1:01 PM WDIO.com
Several groups have partnered to create a new talent retention strategy for the Northland.
According to the Arrowhead Partnership for Economic Expansion, the website Northforce.org offers microsites focusing on Duluth, Superior, and the Iron Range and an employer-employee "matchmaking" function for current and prospective residents of the region. The website is a collaborative initiative of APEX, The Northspan Group, IRRRB, the cities of Duluth and Superior.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain the talent community for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
The group has five core talent strategy objectives:
1. Attracting Talent: We educate prospective talent about the real reasons to come or stay.
2. Managing Talent: We foster and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
3. Placing Talent: We help talent find employers, and employers find talent.
4. Enriching Talent: We provide opportunities for talent to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
5. Retaining Talent: We create an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
Scannell Replaced as Cook County Attorney
The Cook County Board of Commissioners has voted to replace Tim Scannell as county attorney, following his conviction on two counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. According to a commissioner, the board acted on a statute that says the office should be declared vacant. Assistant County Attorney Molly Hicken was appointed in the interim.
Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds 2011 Union Law
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has upheld the 2011 law that effectively ended collective bargaining for most public workers, sparked massive protests and led to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's recall election.
Court Upholds Wis. Domestic Partner Registry
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has upheld as constitutional a 2009 law creating a domestic partner registry that provides limited benefits to same-sex couples. Thursday's ruling keeps the registry active but is likely to be overshadowed by a pending gay marriage case.
Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Voter ID Law
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has upheld a requirement that voters show photo identification at the polls, but the law remains blocked in federal court.
Special Report: Death Under Investigation
A woman whose son died after he jumped in front of a car believes more could have been done to prevent his death. Her attorney says litigation is likely.