Councilors to Consider Contracts to Fix Flood-Damaged Roads
Posted at: 06/04/2013 5:55 PM
| Updated at: 06/04/2013 5:59 PM
By: Alan Hoglund
Several sections of Duluth roadway damaged by flooding last June will be repaired, should the council vote to approve contracts with a construction company.
According to their meeting agenda, councilors will take up two resolutions next week that, if passed, would approve two contracts with Ulland Brothers, Inc., for a total of about $1.54 million.
Just under $1.2 million would go toward repairing a bridge, part of St. Marie Street, Hawthorne Road and part of Vermilion Road. Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton toured Vermilion Road with state and city leaders the day after the flooding.
More than $350,000 will go to repairing streets downtown and on the East Hillside.
- 1st Avenue West between 3rd and 4th Street
- 1st Avenue East between 2nd and 4th Street
- 2nd Avenue East between 2nd and 4th Street
- 3rd Avenue East between 2nd and 3rd Street
- 10th Avenue East between 2nd and 4th Street
- 2nd Street between 6th and 8th Avenues East
City councilors could vote on the contracts as soon as Monday.