Updated: 06/02/2014 11:33 AM
Created: 08/16/2012 10:39 AM WDIO.com
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter, you must send a scenic or weather themed photograph that was taken in The Northland. Photograph entries must be sent digitally via e-mail to email@example.com. All entries must include your name, address and daytime telephone number. This contest is limited to amateur photographers only; photographs must be taken by the person submitting the photo; pictures including family, children, pets and businesses will not be considered. Ideally, the judges are looking for 3 photographs representing each season. Entries will be accepted from Noon on Monday, August 12, 2013, through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2013. WDIO-TV is not responsible for problems sending an email entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Limit; viewers may submit more than one entry, but each entry must be submitted separately; one winner per household. The winners will be chosen on Monday, September 23, 2013. Photographs submitted must be the entrant's original creative product, and must not infringe any third party's intellectual property or privacy rights. By entering, you hereby grant to WDIO the perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, worldwide and irrevocable right to modify, create derivative works of, edit, post, publish and/or otherwise use the photograph submission in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without further compensation, notification or permission.
2. JUDGING CRITERIA: From the entries submitted, the Eyewitness Weather Storm Team, in their sole discretion, will pick thirteen (13) photographs (12 months, plus cover) using the following judging criteria, with equal weight in each criteria: (1) photo quality and (2) the aesthetic value of the photograph. The entries that receive the top thirteen (13) highest scores based on the judging criteria set forth herein will be deemed the winners of the contest.
3. PRIZE: There will be thirteen (13) winners in this contest. Each winner will have his/her photograph featured in the 2013 Storm Team Weather Calendar, and agrees to sign a release allowing WDIO-TV to use his/her photograph in the 2013 Storm Team Weather Calendar. No royalty payment or licensing fee will be paid, but each winning photographer will be given credit. Each winner will also receive a WDIO-TV prize pack (golf umbrella, travel coffee mug and hat); total value of each prize: $25.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older to be eligible to win. Employees of Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WDIO-TV, LLC and Duluth Pack, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Any one participating in this contest or claiming a prize in this contest in violation of these rules will be disqualified from participating in WDIO-TV contests for a period of one year.
By entering this contest, each entrant is certifying that he or she is not a professional photographer, that the submitted photograph is his or her own original work, and that he or she has the right to allow the publication of the photograph without restriction, and that WDIO-TV's use of the photograph will not infringe the rights of any third parties (e.g., copyrights, rights of publicity, etc.).
5. CONTEST DEADLINE. All entries must be received by WDIO-TV by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2013. WDIO-TV is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries. WDIO-TV is not responsible for technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of entry submission, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: The winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility. The winners and all viewers entering this contest (a) agree to release and indemnify Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WDIO-TV, LLC and Duluth Pack (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with entering this contest, and (b) consent to the use by WDIO-TV for promotional purposes only of his/his likeness and/or voice, his or her contest entry (which may be shown on WDIO-TV and/or posted on the WDIO-TV website and which will be used for the 2014 Storm Team Weather Calendar), and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By accepting the prize, the winners agree to be bound by these official rules, including the above release.
7. WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before September 30, 2013, to Winners List, 2014 Storm Team Weather Calendar Contest, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811.
Decisions of Channel WDIO-TV concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. WDIO-TV reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice. WDIO-TV reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. WDIO-TV is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these official rules. If the sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the integrity or fairness of this contest has been corrupted in any manner, the sponsors reserve the right to terminate the contest and to select a winner from among entries legitimately received prior to termination.
Power Outages Persist, Some Duluth Neighborhoods Could Encounter Week Without Electricity
Thousands of Duluthians who are still waiting for power to be restored after Thursday morning's severe thunderstorms may have to wait a week before the lights come back on.
50th Anniversary of WDIO: The Young Athletes Foundation
The Young Athletes Foundation - or YAF - gives kids 14-and-under an opportunity to race off some energy for free.
Quentin Miller, Davida Fuller Awarded Rev. Arthur Foy Scholarship
Two Duluth East High School students won a local scholarship created in honor of a local legend.
Two Injured in Cloquet Shooting
An active investigation is underway for a shooting that happened in Cloquet Sunday afternoon. Police are searching for a suspect but do not believe the public is in danger.
Man Airlifted to Hospital After ATV Accident
Randy Constantine, 59, has been airlifted to St. Luke's following an ATV crash in Cherry, MN.