Jackson Browne Ticket Giveaway
WDIO-TV STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter web-based contests, viewers register online at www.wdio.com. If entries are permitted by other means (e.g., by telephone, mail or telefax), the other permitted forms of entry will be indicated on our website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions. Deadlines for entering will typically be stated on the station website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions. Unless otherwise indicated on our website or in our on-air promotions, there is a limit of one entry per contest per person; any person submitting more than one entry per contest may be disqualified. WDIO-TV is not responsible for problems accessing the www.wdio.com website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the website entry, or any other problems which may or may not result from station contests.
2. HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED:
The criteria and process for selecting winners will typically be stated on the website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions. Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone. WDIO-TV is not responsible if the winner is unable to be notified via the e-mail address submitted to enter the contest.
3. PRIZES: The number of winners, the specific prizes to be awarded, and the values of prizes will typically be stated on the website and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. Odds of winning will typically be dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner is responsible for all income taxes due as a result of his or her accepting a prize, and an IRS Form 1099 may be submitted to applicable taxing authorities.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Unless otherwise stated on the station website, each winner’s prize will be mailed to him/her. WDIO-TV is not responsible for problems which might or might not result from sending the prize to the winner (i.e., lost or damaged prizes). In the event a winner must claim his/her prize in person, the prize must be claimed at the WDIO-TV Studios, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WDIO-TV (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WDIO-TV.
Individuals must be 18 years or older to be eligible to participate and win prizes in WDIO-TV on-line contests and promotions. You are not eligible to enter our on-line contests if you or a member of your immediate family works for Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WDIO-TV, any contest sponsor, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies.
6. CONTEST DEADLINES:
Contest deadlines will typically be stated on the station website and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. WDIO-TV is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or illegible entries.
7. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS:
By participating in an on-line contest, you: (a) agree to release and indemnify Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., WDIO-TV and any contest sponsor(s) (including their officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the conduct of the promotion or contest, and the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize(s); and (b) consent to the use by WDIO-TV, for promotional purposes only, of your on-line entry, your likeness, your voice, and/or your address (city and state) without any additional compensation.
8. WINNER LIST:
Upon request, the station will provide you a list of winner(s) (name(s) only) from each of its contests. In order to request such a list, please send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before the last day of the calendar month in which the prize is awarded, to Winners List, WDIO-TV, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811. Requests for different contests must be submitted separately. Each request must identify the specific contest or promotion about which the inquiry relates; inquiries not containing this information will not receive a response.
Decisions of WDIO-TV concerning any and all matters with respect to station contests shall be final. WDIO-TV reserves the right to change its contest rules, including these standard terms and conditions, without notice. These standard terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by contest-specific rules. If there’s a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and any contest-specific rules that we may develop, the contest-specific rules shall control. WDIO-TV reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. All contests void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and must be taken in their entirety. WDIO-TV is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials, these rules, or any contest-specific rules that we may implement. By entering our contests, each contestant agrees to be bound by, and comply with, all official rules governing the contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific rules we may implement. Some contest prizes may be shared by the winner, or allow someone to accompany or share in the prize with the winner. A pair of concert tickets would be an example of this. For such prizes, by accompanying a winner or sharing in the prize with a winner, any winner's guest(s) or accompanying party(ies) agree(s) to be bound by all official rules governing the contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific rules we may implement.