Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
Federal Ruling Means No Killing Wolves Unless Endangering Human Life
A federal judge has overturned an Obama administration decision to remove the gray wolf population in the western Great Lakes region from the endangered species list.
Another Round of Budget Cuts at UWS
UWS announced on Friday at an open forum that it will be eliminating academic programs and faculty positions to help to university save money. Four graduate programs and four undergraduate programs will be cut. The university is also severing ties with a music professor and a visual arts professor.
Lake Superior Zoo Reduces Seasonal Hours, Cuts Staff Position
While a task force takes time to consider possible changes to the financially struggling Lake Superior Zoo, there'll be a couple other adjustments in the mean time.
Bigfork Blaze Destroys Home, Injures Firefighter
Firefighters battled the blaze on the 300 block of Ottum Avenue for more than six hours, according to Susie Schmickle with the Bigfork Fire Department.
Prepackaged Caramel Apples Linked to 4 Deaths
Health officials are warning consumers to avoid prepackaged caramel apples after they were linked to five deaths, including two in Minnesota.