Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
Alleged Wisc. Bank Robber in St. Louis County Jail
A man was arrested in Duluth Saturday night after he allegedly robbed a bank in Eau Claire, Wisc. the night before. The Eau Claire Police Department responded to a bank robbery at Wells Fargo Bank in Eau Claire on Friday night.
Licenses, Deer Population Down for Wisconsin Deer Opener
The Wisconsin firearm deer hunting tradition got off to a safe start as Department of Natural Resources officials said they had received no reports of accidental shootings or other injuries by mid-afternoon Sunday on the opener of the state's nine-day gun deer hunt.
Northlanders Give Back in Preparation for Holiday Season
Northlanders gave back on Saturday in preparation for the holiday season. It was Family Volunteer Day at the Duluth Library, and folks participated in several friendly projects.
"By Us, For Us" Meeting to Discuss Vision for Equity in Duluth
Duluth's Native and African heritage communities came together on Saturday to share experiences and ideas at the 1st United Methodist Church. The meeting called "By Us, For Us" invited people of color, African Americans and Native Americans to come together to break bread and learn about each other culturally.
MNsure Enrollments, Renewals Approach 8,000
Minnesota's health insurance exchange says it has enrolled nearly 8,000 Minnesotans in health plans in the first week of open enrollment this fall. The deadline for enrolling in coverage that takes effect Jan. 1 is Dec. 15.