Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
Hawks Heading Back to the State Title Game
Hermantown defeated St. Cloud Apollo in the State A Semifinals to return to the title game for the sixth straight year.
Art Johnston Explains Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Duluth School Board Members, District
On Wednesday, Art Johnston filed a lawsuit against the Duluth Public School Board and fellow members that voted him out of office. The lawsuit filed will attempt to stop the removal process that could happen as soon as May 11th. The school says that Johnston allegedly violated the board's code of ethics, an accusation Johnston denies.
State AG's Office to Take on Hibbing Discrimination Case
A state agency says the Hibbing school district is failing to protect students, and has asked the state Attorney General's Office to deal with the controversy surrounding a school administrator...
Itasca Co. Sheriff's Department Employee Charged
A woman who works for the Itasca County Sheriff's office has been charged with two felonies, related to an alleged incident that involved other office personnel.
Cloquet Officer, Nurse Killed in Head-On Crash
An off-duty police officer and a nurse were killed when their vehicles collided in a head-on crash in Cloquet Thursday night. The Minnesota State Patrol identified the victims as 54-year-old Fay Dahlman of Alborn, Minn., and 49-year-old Mark Laine of Saginaw, Minn.