Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
Duluth Teen in Final Round of Statewide Classical Music Competition
A senior from Duluth East High School is in the final round of a statewide music competition. Dan Richards is the only teen from Duluth to make it this far in Minnesota Public Radio's Varsity contest. He finds out Tuesday if he wins a chance to perform on a big-time stage.
Duluth KidsClub Hosts "Play Gym," Starts Planning Indoor Playground
Even though Monday's temperatures weren't too cold, we know that in Northern Minnesota that's not always the case. That's why one local organization created an indoor "Play Gym" for kids to move and interact, rain or shine!
BNSF Adds New Safety Rules for Crude Oil Trains
BNSF railroad has started taking additional safety measures for crude oil shipments because of four recent high-profile derailments in the U.S. and Canada.
Douglas Co. Woman Drowns in Creek
An autopsy says a woman found dead in Douglas County over the weekend died from drowning. The body of Jenene Thompson, 39, Foxboro, was found in the Town of Summit on Saturday afternoon.
Police: Missing U of M Student Went into River
Police in Minneapolis say a missing University of Minnesota student for three days went into the Mississippi River, and they're starting a water recovery effort.