Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
School Testing to be Reduced after Minn. Lawmakers Cut Funding
Students will take significantly fewer statewide tests after Minnesota lawmakers cut the state's testing budget in half earlier this month.
Eveleth Man Injured after Car Hits Moose
An Eveleth man sustained non-life-threatening injuries Monday night when his car struck a moose in Highway 53.
Citizens' Forum Discusses Recreation, Conservation of St. Louis River
A citizens' forum at the Evergreen Senior Center Monday night offered many the chance to more about the restoration efforts along the St. Louis River western waterfront shoreline.
Experts Give Advice on Lightning Safety
In summer's stormy months, lighting strikes are a threat in the Northland, June and July in particular. Experts say in the wake the three lighting strikes in the Northland, now is the time to make sure people are taking steps to protect themselves.
Moose Lake School to Hold Groundbreaking on Saturday
The Moose Lake superintendent said a groundbreaking for the city's new $34.7 million school will take place Saturday.