Updated: 07/01/2014 9:20 AM
Created: 07/01/2014 8:59 AM WDIO.com
We had Jeremy Kraft from Hunt Auctions on the show today to give us a preview of what will be available for auction at the 10th Annual MLB T-Mobile All-Star FanFest.
The Live Auction & Appraisal Fair will run from July 11 - 15 at the Minnesota Convention Center in Minneapolis. Fans are invited to not only purchase auction items but to also bring their own memorabilia to have it appraised.
Live Auction Headline Items:
• Lou Gehrig autographed baseman’s mitt c.1935
(Estimate Upon Request)
• Roy Campanella Hall of Fame Induction ring
• Jackie Robinson professional model baseball bat c.1953
• 1944/45 Hal Newhouser AL Most Valuable Player Award
Items Featured on GMN:
• Brooklyn Dodgers professional model hat attributed to Jackie Robinson c.1951
• Harmon Killebrew professional model autographed globe c.1960
(Est. Value $10,000-$15,000)
• 1978 Rod Carew Minnesota Twins Home Jersey
(Est. Value $7,500-$10,000)
• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Autographed baseball c 1920s.
• Joe Mauer game used autographed cleats
• "Win Twins" banner c.1960s.
• Kent Hrbek autographed c.1990s Minnesota Twins professional model hat.
• 1960s Minnesota Twins Pennant
For more information on the live auction, visit huntauctions.com
Americans Mark Memorial Day
Americans across the country are marking Memorial Day. President Obama is hosting a breakfast with organizations that support military family and families of the fallen. Special tributes are also happening in Chicago and overseas.
MNsure Struggles To Sign Up Small Businesses
Minnesota's health insurance exchange is having a big problem with attracting small businesses. MNsure was originally expected to cover 155,000 people in small-group plans by next year.
Big Lake Boaters Prepare for Lake Superior Season
As the water starts to warm up on Lake Superior, recreational boaters are gearing up for the season on the big lake. About 1/3 of the more than 100 vessels at the Knife River Marina are in the lake so far, and others are getting final touches before heading into the slips...
Wis. Lawmakers Hope to Expand Use of Allergy Treatment Devices
A variety of businesses could soon keep a supply of epinephrine injectors to be used in case of life-threatening allergic reactions under a Republican bill moving through the Legislature.
Critics Blast Legislators Over Surprise Sports Measure
Critics are blasting legislators after the state's budget committee passed a surprise motion that would allow private, home-schooled and online voucher school students to participate in public school sports and activities.