Updated: 04/11/2014 3:45 PM
Created: 04/11/2014 3:21 PM WDIO.com
It happens every year, the spring melt. Warmer temperatures have melted the snow pack causing flooding on area roads. Crews have temporarily closed three roads due to flooding. An additional 10 roads have warning signs posted by them. Crews want to remind motorists to use caution due to water on the road.
According to St. Louis County Public Works, roads included in the closure are:
• County Road 200 in Meadowlands Township is closed between Dart Road and Watsula Road. Traffic may divert around this area on County Road 193 and County Road 740.
• County Road 748 (Jones Road) in Great Scott Township is closed between County State Aid Highway 25 and Country Road. Traffic may divert around this area to the north on County Road 457 and to the south on County Road 925.
• County Road 430 (Burghardt Road) in Angora Township is closed a half mile south of State Highway 1. Traffic may divert around this area on South County Road 430 to County Road 467.
Meanwhile, the following roads have water on them, but are considered passable and remain open at this time. Signs are posted at these locations identifying there is water on the roadway. Motorists are urged to use caution.
• CSAH 86 (Hingley Road) in Fine Lakes Township, about 1.5 miles east of State Highway 73.
• CSAH 8 (Floodwood Road) in Arrowhead Township, one mile west of the railroad tracks.
• County Road 200 in Meadowlands Township between Watsula Road and County Road 193.
• CSAH 5 North in Toivola Township near intersection of County Road 817.
• County Road 442 (South Townline Road) in Hibbing between State Highway 73 and Bunker Road.
• County Road 955 (Wolf Road) in Clinton Township from CSAH 101 on the north side to County Road 315 on the south side.
• County Road 464 (Day Lake Road) in Hibbing between County Road 710 and County Road 714.
• Unorganized Township (UT) road 8114 (Brown Rd) east of Angora Township, south of State Hwy 1.
• CSAH 24 in Beatty Township, one quarter mile north of Kennedy Road. • County Road 431 (Vermilion Lake Road) in Owens Township north of CSAH 115.
Public Works crews are monitoring these and other roads throughout the County, however motorists should remember that road conditions and water depth can change rapidly. Anyone who encounters a dangerous road condition is asked to call 9-1-1.
Pride Parade is Twin Ports' Biggest Yet
As hundreds gathered to watch the Duluth Superior Pride Festival's annual parade Sunday, many of those marching said it was moving to see such a wide base of support.
1 Injured in Crow Wing County Crash
A Brainerd man was injured when he lost control of his car and crashed on Highway 210 near Riverton Sunday. The Minnesota State Patrol said the accident happened just after 10 a.m. The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Storms Light Up Skies Over Lake Superior
Storms moving across Lake Superior lit up the skies in Duluth on Sunday. WDIO Photographer Jamie Merideth captured the sight from West Skyline Parkway around 8:40 p.m.
Minnesota State Fair Sets All-Time Attendance Record Saturday
The Minnesota State Fair experienced a record-breaking day on Saturday. Fair officials said 252,092 people attended, breaking the all-time record for the highest attended single day in the fair's history. As of Saturday, people visited the fairgrounds nearly 1.5 million times this year.
St. Paul Police Defend Officers in Stun-Gun Video
The St. Paul police union is defending three officers caught on camera using a stun gun on a man who was sitting in a downtown skyway. The man said he did nothing wrong. Police say he refused "numerous lawful orders for an extended period of time."