Updated: 04/11/2014 3:45 PM
Created: 04/11/2014 3:21 PM WDIO.com
It happens every year, the spring melt. Warmer temperatures have melted the snow pack causing flooding on area roads. Crews have temporarily closed three roads due to flooding. An additional 10 roads have warning signs posted by them. Crews want to remind motorists to use caution due to water on the road.
According to St. Louis County Public Works, roads included in the closure are:
• County Road 200 in Meadowlands Township is closed between Dart Road and Watsula Road. Traffic may divert around this area on County Road 193 and County Road 740.
• County Road 748 (Jones Road) in Great Scott Township is closed between County State Aid Highway 25 and Country Road. Traffic may divert around this area to the north on County Road 457 and to the south on County Road 925.
• County Road 430 (Burghardt Road) in Angora Township is closed a half mile south of State Highway 1. Traffic may divert around this area on South County Road 430 to County Road 467.
Meanwhile, the following roads have water on them, but are considered passable and remain open at this time. Signs are posted at these locations identifying there is water on the roadway. Motorists are urged to use caution.
• CSAH 86 (Hingley Road) in Fine Lakes Township, about 1.5 miles east of State Highway 73.
• CSAH 8 (Floodwood Road) in Arrowhead Township, one mile west of the railroad tracks.
• County Road 200 in Meadowlands Township between Watsula Road and County Road 193.
• CSAH 5 North in Toivola Township near intersection of County Road 817.
• County Road 442 (South Townline Road) in Hibbing between State Highway 73 and Bunker Road.
• County Road 955 (Wolf Road) in Clinton Township from CSAH 101 on the north side to County Road 315 on the south side.
• County Road 464 (Day Lake Road) in Hibbing between County Road 710 and County Road 714.
• Unorganized Township (UT) road 8114 (Brown Rd) east of Angora Township, south of State Hwy 1.
• CSAH 24 in Beatty Township, one quarter mile north of Kennedy Road. • County Road 431 (Vermilion Lake Road) in Owens Township north of CSAH 115.
Public Works crews are monitoring these and other roads throughout the County, however motorists should remember that road conditions and water depth can change rapidly. Anyone who encounters a dangerous road condition is asked to call 9-1-1.
Blue Angels Practice For Weekend Air Show in Duluth
It's breathtaking and maybe a little nerve racking to watch, but it's a typical day at the office for Lieutenant Commander John Hiltz. The Blue Angels went up for a practice run Thursday. They're in town for the Duluth Air Show that kicks off on Saturday.
Navy Divers Show Off Their Skills at Great Lakes Aquarium
It may be time for the Duluth Air Show, but not all the action is up in the sky. Navy divers stopped by the Great Lakes Aquarium to dive with some local fish and show off their skills to the public.
Northland Kids Hang Out With Navy Seals in Duluth
Navy Seals were grounded Thursday, but they still entertained kids with the Boy and Girls Club. The eight-member parachute team was suppose to drop in at the Heritage Sports Center for a few hundred kids, but our weather changed the plans. Other fun was had for Navy Week Duluth.
How to Beat the Crowds at the Minnesota State Fair
Some people pick their days at the Minnesota State Fair based on the weather, others on their work or school schedules. However, a lot of fair goers want to avoid the longest lines.
Political Candidates see Opportunity at State Fair
Political candidates foraging for fall votes are settling in at the Minnesota State Fair. With more than 1.7 million people expected to roam the grounds during the 12-day run, candidates for governor, senator and other offices are shaking hands and spreading their messages.