Gogebic Taconite to Host Public Meetings
Posted at: 11/15/2013 1:40 PM
| Updated at: 11/15/2013 1:49 PM
Gogebic Taconite has announced they will have representatives traveling throughout Iron and Ashland Counties to speak with concerned citizens on Monday, November 18.
According to the release, GTAC will speak one-on-one with people to address questions and concerns about their proposed iron ore mine in the Penokee Hills.
GTAC said the information sessions will focus on delivering personalized attention to concerned citizens who may be uncomfortable with the public hearing format.
Spokesman for GTAC, Bob Seitz said the sessions are by appointment "only to ensure a safe, comfortable atmosphere."
Seitz added past informational sessions have led to heated public debates.
As stated on the release, the times and locations for the one-on-one sessions are as follows:
- 7:00-8:30 a.m. at Subway Restaurant, 5116 U.S. 51, Mercer, WI 54547
- 9:30-11 a.m. at Sharon’s Coffee Company, 122 Silver St. Hurley, WI 54534
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. at Joany’s Sidekicks, 7833 HWY 77, Iron Belt, WI 53536
- 2:00-3:30 p.m. at Penokee Deli, 128 S. Main St. Mellen, WI 54546
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. at Vaughn Public Library, 502 Main St. Ashland, WI 54806
To set up an individual appointment, please call the GTAC office at 715-561-2601.