Buckthorn Brigade in Action this October and November
Posted at: 10/08/2013 8:35 AM
| Updated at: 10/09/2013 12:59 AM
The city of Duluth is inviting residents to help deal with buckthorn, and invasive species. They are hosting information and removal sessions through October and November.
"Once you learn how to identify the shrub, you'll begin to see it everywhere," said Steph Gibeau, Invasive Species Management Intern for the City of Duluth in a press release. It can be found in city parks, trails, and in backyards and front lawns.
The information session dates, times and meeting places are:
- Tuesday, October 8th, 5:00 - 6:00 pm @ Hartley Nature Center, 3001 Woodland Avenue
- Thursday, October 24th, 5:00 - 6:00 PM @ Hartley Nature Center
The removal sessions dates, times and meeting places are:
- Saturday, October 12th, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Hartley Nature Center
- Sunday, October 13th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM @ Chester Bowl Playground, 1801 East Skyline
- Sunday, October 27th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM @ 21st Avenue East and Water Street Parking Lot
- Saturday, November 9th, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Keene Creek Dog Park Parking Lot
- Sunday, November 10th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM @ Western Waterfront Trail, 7000 Pulaski Street
You can learn more about buckthorn at the Minnesota DNR website. You don't need to, but it is encouraged to pre-register and let the city know you're coming to help. You can do so by emailing email@example.com or calling 218-393-9879