Man Dies after Being Shocked on Minn. Lake
Posted at: 07/08/2013 2:13 PM
| Updated at: 07/08/2013 2:14 PM
ELK RIVER, Minn. (AP) - A 46-year-old man has died after suffering an electrical shock while trying to charge a boat battery on a Sherburne County lake.
Sheriff Joel Brott says Daniel Peterson, of Big Lake, was standing in about 20 inches of water on Eagle Lakewhen he lost his footing and fell into the water while he was holding the battery charger, which was plugged into a socket.
His 49-year-old sister Kris Biser ran into the water to help but she was also shocked.
Neighbors found the two floating in the lake. They pulled the electrical cord from the socket and pulled the two out. They rendered first aid and called 911.
Biser was taken to St. Cloud Hospital and she's expected to recover.
According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office, Peterson died Saturday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)