Small Fire at Superior Perkins
Posted at: 02/15/2013 8:00 AM
| Updated at: 02/18/2013 1:05 PM
By: Scott Doane
The Superior Fire Department said it responded to a small fire at the Perkins restaurant around 5 a.m. Friday.
Crews said they were able to put out the blaze quickly. It began on the roof, and the fire department said the cause appears to be a malfunction in the exterior neon lighting system.
The fire department said initial damage estimates are at $10,000. No injuries were reported.
A manager at Perkins said the restaurant was closed after the blaze. But it will reopen as normal Friday morning.