Hibbing Fire Destroys Home, Injures Woman
Posted at: 12/23/2012 4:02 AM
| Updated at: 12/23/2012 11:09 PM
By: Renee Passal
A woman was badly burned in a house fire in Hibbing early Sunday morning.
The fire department said they responded to 2522 6th Avenue E around 5:30 am.
Four occupants were home at the time of the fire.
Fire officials said the grandson sleeping in the basement managed to rescue his grandmother from the third floor.
She was flown to Essentia Health St. Mary's. The other three occupants were also evaluated at the hospital in Hibbing for smoke inhalation and other fire related injuries.
The department did say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Damages are estimated at $70,000. The fire appears to have started in the attic.