Superior House Fire Displaces Family
Posted at: 11/24/2012 12:00 AM
| Updated at: 11/24/2012 9:17 PM
By: Zach Hammer
The Superior Fire Department responded to an attic fire at 5712 John Ave. Saturday morning.
Crews were able to contain the blaze to the attic and an upstairs bedroom, said Battalion Chief Scott Gordon.
However, insulation had to be removed, which left a hole in the roof, rendering the home uninhabitable. The family that had been living there, two adults and their teenage son, is now staying with relatives in the area.
Gordon said that the fire started due to a faulty light in the attic. He estimated the damage to the building at $20,000.